Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 17: Video Games

The millennium seems to be the era of video games. From when the new PS2 came out to the brand new Wii console everyone goes ballistic.

Right now the newest thing is the Wii and Xbox live. I feel like almost every college dorm has one. On their free time, my friends across the hall battle each other in either NHL or the new COD (that is Call of Duty for those who aren't video game "savvy"). My other friend also has a Wii in her room, and I seem to always catch myself racing my friends in Mario Kart every now and then.

When I was younger I never had a game system. My dad did not want his children sitting inside and just playing video games all day, and he said that when he only had two daughters at the time. A lot changed after my brother was born.

Finally 2 Christmases ago we got a Wii. My mom gave in because she wanted it too. If you play it right it is sort of exercise ha ha. I love the games on it though, my favorite is Guitar Hero. I'm only able to do medium but I will hopefully get better once I get my own Wii some day.

I have always wanted to "learn" how to play on Xbox or PS3 but I do not have good coordination with my hands with those controllers. What is really funny is the Xbox live. You see boys get so intense talking smack on their headsets to some 9 or 10 year old, but let me tell you those little boys talk right back. It is hilarious.

I really can't wait to see what they come out with next.....


So what is your favorite video game?

Peace

Chelss*

2 comments:

Christian said...

Definitely Xbox 360; COD Modern Warfare 2 is insane ha ha

Kim Bolyard said...

you know that answer to that...love the wii...and yes the only video game system your Dad and I would let you have....Love the sports resort. I did finaly break down and let your brother have a DSI just last week....sad thing is he only had one game...

kim