Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 24: It's the Inside that Counts

Now a days (according to Facebook) I see plenty of people, going to the gym, trying to eat light or not eat at all, and trying all different types of weird diets so that they can be "beautiful".

What happened to loving who you are?

All those people I said that are going to the gym and eating "light", that age group is around 13-22, a little young of 13 to start thinking about trying to be something they aren't just so people will like them.

I have always had to watch my weight ever since I got into middle school. I wanted to be like all of those skinny girls who got all the boys and wanted people to notice me as well as they noticed them.

Times have changed. Before botox and plastic surgery, people were happy with what they were born with. I remember a few years back when the movie Dream Girls had come out, Beyonce Knowles had to loose a ton of weight for the movie. She did an interview and said that she was upset that she had to loose weight because she loved her curves and her "bootylicious" body. After a gorgeous women like that says that I feel there is really no need to be stick thin.

Honestly, I feel everyone should love themselves for who they are not for what everyone else wants them to be. Don't worry about those people who say that you are "fat" or "ugly" sometimes those people are just jealous.

And for those people who only care about looks.....stop and think about what you are saying to younger generations and maybe look inside yourself instead of a mirror once in a while.


Peace

Chelss*

1 comment:

Kim Bolyard said...

AMEN!!!!!

peace
Kim