Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 40: Let's Talk About Sex

No not female or male. The actually act.

I don't feel like sex is talked about enough in our everyday lives. I was lucky to have a mom who was open enough to talk to me about sex and the effects of it.

I feel like I am more aware of what goes on and what happens after being able to openly talk about it with my mom. I am well educated about the act and have a full understanding of what goes on.

Some teens now a days don't understand the dangers of sex sometimes. It is known that 1 out of every 4 college students have an STD. I got to a school with 65,000 people. So that is A LOT of people to have STDs.

The first thing that usually comes to mind with teens when having sex is "I don't want to get pregnant", but I think the whole STD thing is in the back of your mind. Birth control isn't going to help out with that. That is why I think you should ALWAYS use a condom unless you know who the person has been with or if you get tested. I think everyone should also be tested no matter what, it is a good thing to do.

I think you should think before you do anything drastic, and always be careful.


Peace

Chelss*

No comments: