Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 27: Internet is Taking Over

I realized recently that I am on the computer/Internet throughout the day more then I am actually in class.

This semester I have three online classes, then I have a bunch of other websites I am on all day checking and updating for my personal life.

Internet seems toe be the number one boom for our generation today. So many different websites and social networks people are keeping up with.

The rage about Twitter went off like crazy. Now there is a new thing called "Formspring"; it is just a website where you can have a profile and people ask you random questions anonymously and you get to answer. Different, but people are attracted to it.

I remember when I first started my social netoworking. I was probably around 10 or 11. No I didn't have a Myspace, but I did have an AIM account. My name was CBspice114. Ha Ha yes, spice girls :]

Then I did get into Myspace and now I have a Facebook and I'm addicted. My space has seemed to die down compared to Facebook. I never go on my Myspace anymore.

My daily list of websites I check are:

-ESPN.com (that is my homepage)
-Facebook
-MyASU (school e-mail)
-Yahoo (personal e-mail)
-Ebay
-Bank Account
-This Blog
and now
-My Formspring


I'm on these sites 24/7 and that is scary. Everything I feel like will be online. Shopping is now online, people are getting degrees online, and even talking to each other is easier. I mean what happened to letters, going to the actual store, and walking into a classroom to learn?

What are some of the things you spend your "Internet hours" on?

Peace

Chelss*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

freakin' stumbleupon. once i start, i can't stop.

brandalyn said...

chelsea: i know for a fact that after friday u dont have any online classes for a week because its spring break. u know im convinced u are addicted to facebook so i challenge you to not go online AT ALL (not even on ur phone) for a full 24 hours. idk if u can do it ;) prove me wrong mama duck. tell me the day and ill keep a close little eye on u!