Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 9: Let's Go Back




Let's take it back a little bit,




If you are a 90's kid you will have an understanding for this reminiscing I'm about to do.




Remember those shows we always used to watch, and it wasn't the typical "saturday morning" because who would want to get up for that. It was those days where we said we were sick and couldn't go to school and we would just lay around on the couch eating DUNKAROOS! and watching Rugrats or Rocko's Modern Life.




The other day my friends and I took a night to go back in time and talk about all the things we miss. For instance, we had an arguement about whether or not their used to be a "red plastic stick" that would spread the sauce on a pizza lunchable while I was devouring a pizza lunchable at the time. We found out that they did used to have them and they discontinued them after finding out that everyone really just threw them away. After the arguement we kind of talked about other foods we missed and what came first, like Fruit Roll Ups or Fruit By the Foot. Also what the difference was.




I always think about how life would be different growing up in this new generation, the millenium, just like my brother is. I feel that we grew up totally naive to certain things and now kids these days know a little too much...way more than I ever knew at that age.




All that aside I miss the old days. I miss playing Skip It in my front yard. I miss eating Rice Crispies and Bananas almost every morning, with extra sugar on top. Also always wondering what was in a Wonderball and drinking Yoohoo. I loved playing with my Furbee that now would freak me out probably. I always made sure I took care of my Giga Pet and remembered NOT to bring my Pokemon Cards to school because they wouldn't get confiscated. I loved growing up in the generation I did. It was so much fun.


So now it's your turn:


What was your favorite thing when you were growing up?


and you don't have to be from the 90's to answer this question :]



Peacee


Chelss*

2 comments:

Kim Bolyard said...

ok...so of course I grew up in a completely different time...the time befor the techniology of today...no cell phones, no dsi, no computers, no wii...you get the point.

Things were a lot simplier...I spent my days playing with barbies and I loved my fisher price little people...had the whole town. that was the early years....

Would play box ball outside on the side walk, my brother and I would make up things...like a circus and performed shows in the backyard, we would make my playhouse(that my father built me) into a library and carry all of our books out there, kick ball and riding our bikes to the store...

I would listen to records (45's and albums) in my bedroom on my record player...loved Donny Osmond and David Cassidy...I was about 10 or 11 and their posters were all over my bedroom wall.

a walk down memory lane...
thanks for bringing back some great memories...
peace
Kim

Kim Bolyard said...

by the way...that was the 60's and early 70's