Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 11: Dream Schools

People always ask me " you are from Florida, why are you all the way out in Arizona?" Well I should say because this is where I want to pursue my dream.

Every since my Junior year of high school I wanted to be a Journalist. I had a teacher that really inspired me to pursue that goal. She would tell me all about the different types of Journalism that I didn't even know were Journalism. At first I really wanted to be a Photojournalist, than later on I realized I wanted to be a broadcastor specifically in sports. I love sports and just to be on the TV reporting about it would be amazing.

My teacher had told me of some of the best schools in the country for Journalism. Those included: Indiana University, Mizzou, and Arizona State.

I looked into all three and realized that ASU would be the best for me.

My father grew up right around the corner from ASU and alot of my family lives close by. I felt like I was more familiar with the area then I would have been with Mizzou or IU.

Their school is called the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. I just started there this semester and I love it. People have told me how lucky I am to be in that school and I do feel like I am very fortunate.

In the furute I might think about going to IU or Mizzou for Grad school. So I definately plan on going far with my education.

I feel so blessed to be where I am today. I thank my parents and my educators for pushing me to become what I want to be in life. I am so proud of myself to be able to pursue the goals I want to pursue.

So I got to my dream school.


What is your dream school and why do you want to go there?


Peace

Chelss*

1 comment:

Kim Bolyard said...

We are so proud of you...my one regret was not going away to college. I chose to stay home work and attend community college. I have a AA degree in Fashion Merchandising...
If I could go back in time that would be the one thing I would change....attending school away from home...My dream school would be the University of Florida.

Enjoy this time of your life...it is one of the best times ever.
peace
Mom