Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 3: Picking Up A Special Someone

Today one of my best friends girlfriend comes in to visit the beautiful valley.

My whole floor has been excited this past week to meet her, we all feel like we are meeting someone famous!

Right now we are sitting at the airport awaiting her arrival into Sky Harbor International. My friend is ecstatic and she is glowing with excitement!!

I'm so happy for her, for her this is a little late V-day present :]

All morning we have been talking about how exciting it is to go to the airport either if you are going somewhere or picking someone up.

It is so funny because we always make a little day trip by going to airport. We hop on the lightrail and plan lunch at the airport while we wait to pick our friends up. I feel like I have been to Sky Harbor Airport more in college then I have been to my home airport in my entire life!!

One of my favorite airport experiences was when I went to California. That was a once in a lifetime event. It was my whole family including my friend Halee and my sister's friend Haleigh. Well, we flew out of Tampa and on our way one of the generators went out while in the air. We have to emergency land in New Orleans and had to wait about 2-3 hours for the next flight to LAX. It didn't help that Halee and I had been up all night in excitement and were exhausted the whole way there. So we finally get on a plane to LAX and we had missed out connecting flight from L.A. to San Diego. We had to get an airport shuttle all the way to San Diego. It was right during rush hour too. So it took us about 4-5 hours to get down to San Diego. Oh and on top of that, we couldn't find our luggage. The luggage ended up being at the San Diego airport waiting for us to pick up haha. After all that we still had a blast on the trip!!


So today's question:

What is your best/worst airport experience? You can talk about picking someone up or about a flight you had!!


Peacee

Chelss*

3 comments:

Giselle said...

One Friday when I was little, my mom picked me and my sister up from school early. They said that we had to pick up my dad from the airport. He’s a pilot so we were always super excited when we got to stand by the gate and wait for my dad. After waiting for forever, my mom suggested that we play hide and go seek. She told me to count to 30 and told my sister to go hide. Since I was pretty young, I wasn’t really good the game so I asked my mom for help. She “hinted” that I should go through a door. Confused, I went through the door and I saw an airplane. My mom followed me and said that my sister was hiding on the plane. I walked into the plane I saw my dad standing there. He told me to sit next to my sister in seat 2A and to put my seatbelt on. Before I knew it, the plane was moving and the flight attendant lady whispered that we were going to Florida to see Mickey Mouse. My sister and I were so excited the whole way there. That was the bestest airport experience that I have ever head.

Chelss* said...

hahaha giselle i love it!!

Kim Bolyard said...

that california trip would be mine worest airport/airplane experience...I am not the fond of flying...but I love to travel...so I am willing to fly just about anywhere..
Kim